Mississauga, as of October 7, you’ve raised $174,551 and 74,021 pounds of food for Mayor Crombie’s 2020 Thanksgiving Food Drive in support of The Mississauga Food Bank!
“Thanksgiving will look different this year and it is more important than ever to come together to feed hungry children, seniors, families, and neighbours in our community. With over 60 individual fundraisers and food drives registered so far, and with many generous donations of funds, food, and household items that have already been made, your support will help make the Thanksgiving season a bit easier for our hungry neighbours in Mississauga. It takes all of us to create a Mississauga where no one goes hungry, thank you for your continued support,” says Meghan Nicholls, CEO of The Mississauga Food Bank.
It’s not too late to support Mayor Crombie’s 2020 Thanksgiving Food Drive. Here’s how you can help us reach our goal of $250,000 and 170,000 pounds of food by October 18:
- Make a financial donation! $42 provides one full week of meals for a family of four.
- Organize a fundraiser or food drive, register your event today!
- Donate food at one of our drop-off locations, your local grocery store, or Erin Mills Town Centre this weekend!
- Spread the word! Share updates with your friends on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or LinkedIn
- Check out our volunteer opportunities! We’re looking for volunteer drivers for our Food Bank 2 Home program!
Mayor Crombie’s 2020 Thanksgiving Food Drive is proudly sponsored by Tim Hortons.