The Mississauga Food Bank has a vision for a Mississauga where no one goes hungry—and so does LawDepot. As part of our new legacy giving partnership, we want to make it easier for you to support this vision, now and in the future.
How? Through legacy giving.
What is legacy giving?
Legacy giving means to leave a monetary or physical gift to a charity in your Last Will and Testament.
Why should you donate through legacy giving?
- It’s a great way to support The Mississauga Food Bank in the future, even if you are unable to donate today.
- It helps ensure that The Mississauga Food Bank can continue to feed hungry neighbours in years to come.
- You have to make your estate plans anyway—why not support your favourite charity while you’re at it?
How do I donate a legacy gift?
- If you don’t already have a Last Will, you can make one through LawDepot. Just fill out the questionnaire online and input The Mississauga Food Bank’s information under Specific Gifts or Residue.
- If you already have a Last Will and haven’t left a legacy gift to The Mississauga Food Bank, you can create a Gift Deed instead.
You will need the following information:
- The Mississauga Food Bank’s operating name: The Mississauga Food Bank
- Charity registration number: 11892 7011 RR0001
What counts as a legacy gift?
A legacy donation can be anything from a specific amount of money (for example, $200.00), the residue of your estate (what is left over after all expenses and debts have been paid), or a physical donation, like a car, house, or valuable item that could be sold or auctioned off.
Don’t forget that any amount can help—a $2.00 donation provides enough food for 5 meals!
How do legacy gifts help The Mississauga Food Bank?
Every donation helps to make a difference, especially when your support provides over 198,000 meals to those in need each month.
One of the biggest benefits of legacy donations to charities is that they are long-term. This means legacy donations help to support the charity in years to come so they can continue to meet the needs of the community without having to rely entirely on current donations.
Legacy gifts also help charities to survive outside of prime donation times, like the holiday season, when people tend to donate less frequently.
Legacy Giving and Your Community
Legacy giving is an excellent way to support the charities that mean the most to you, like The Mississauga Food Bank.
No one should have to go without food, and not everyone can afford to make an out-of-pocket donation today. Instead, support The Mississauga Food Bank and help build a hunger-free community for the next generation by including them in your estate plans with LawDepot.