The gift of donating
Your gifts make a difference in the lives of neighbours facing food insecurity every day.
Create your fundraiser
For every $1 you give, we're able to provide healthy and appropriate food for 1 meal to children, seniors, families, and other neighbours facing food insecurity in Mississauga.
Create your personalized campaign and rally your community to fundraise for Food Banks Mississauga!
Become a Hunger Warrior!
Register now and join our team of Hunger Warriors by creating your very own personalized fundraising campaign! You’ll raise much-needed funds to support neighbours facing food insecurity.
Make it your own
Customize your fundraising page by
- Setting your goal
- Adding photos and videos
- Including a personalized message
and so much more!”
Spread the word
Rally your family, friends, co-workers, and more by using our email templates to share your fundraising page with your network.
- Invite folks to donate
- You can even invite folks to join you as a Hunger Warrior on your team!
- Send reminders, thank you notes and more – all from one place
You can spread the word and encourage folks to donate in any way that you wish! It can be on your social media pages or group chats – the world is your oyster. Make sure to tag Food Banks Mississauga in your social posts!
Watch as donations start to roll in from your network of supporters and you get closer to reaching your fundraising goal!
Over 11,000 children accessed a food bank in Mississauga - a 10% increase from the previous year.
We’re here to help! Check out our FAQ for more information on donating.
- Will I get a tax receipt?
Yes, you will receive a tax receipt to the email address you provided shortly after making your donation. Receipts for monthly donations will be consolidated and sent in February of next year.
- What do I do if I don't receive a tax receipt?
Please reach out to email@example.com and one of our team members will be able to support you. You can also give us a call at 905.270.5589 ext 850.
- Are there other ways I can donate?
Yes, there are more ways you can support neighbours facing food insecurity.
1. Make a gift directly through your bank account by donating via e-transfer! It’s a quick and secure way to give and support neighbours in need. Set up the e-transfer in your bank account and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Fill out the e-transfer information form so we can issue you a tax receipt.
2. Donate through United Way! While Food Banks Mississauga is not a partner agency of United Way, you can designate a donation to us through them. Simply fill in our name and registered charity number (11892 7011 RR0001) in the appropriate fields on the form, and the United Way will forward us your donation, less a processing fee. For more information on this service, visit the United Way website.