Introducing Mighty Meals: a new feature where we’ll be sharing highly nutritious and wallet-friendly recipes. We will also be answering questions about food and meal preparation. Stay tuned for more articles to start your week Mighty!
This #MightyMonday, we have a Hearty Homemade Tomato Soup Recipe for you to try.
Homemade Tomato Soup: 4 servings
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp butter
- 56 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped basil
- Sauté onions in oil for 4 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the minced garlic cloves and butter, and sauté for an additional minute.
- Add tomatoes, broth and basil; bring to a simmer.
- Add sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper. Let simmer for a few minutes.
- It’s all ready for you to enjoy! Take a photo and share it with us!